Parcel force, UK & Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parcel force, UK & Ireland

Just been onto tech support and spoke to two people who clearly didn't have a clue what I was talking about so I'm hoping and praying someone here can help me!

We ship items to the UK and Republic of Ireland, and we want Actinic to understand that the price of shipping is dependant on location and weight, but I can not figure out how to do this as I have heard several different ways from a few different "technical" support staff over the last few days so I'm really confused!

There are several regions in the UK, such as UK Mainland, Highlands and Island, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man & Scilly and we also do the Republic OF Ireland. The cost to send a parcel to one of these regions is different from one to the next.

I hope someone can understand what it is I'm saying, if anyone can please help with a direct example rather than just saying "try searching for parcelforce on the forums" - I've tried that, and it does not answer my question.

Thanks in advance, I'm feeling desperate!

This has been discussed and answered so often - here is just one discussion.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=Highlands
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      This has been discussed and answered so often - here is just one discussion.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=Highlands
      About as usefull as a golf club in a thunder and lightning storm!

Thanks for replying, but he is going on about something slightly different. He is taking payments offline for example, and is being told how to create a message to tell clients that he will contact them about payment.

He does go on to tell a little more about what he wants, but not how to do it.

HOW will actinic know WHERE the client is? and also give them an option for 24/ 48 hour delivery and even pre 10 and 9 am delivery options for those regions?

Comment

YOU will create the regions, YOU will create the shipping tables that translate the different delivery options into costs.

In the thread I linked to, Chris details the need for creating the alternate regions, and the highlighted keyword gave you one of the many keywords you could search on to find more answers. The subject is also covered in the knowledge base http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...17.html#aKB200
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X