Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart discounts to override product discounts

Hi Guys,

I have a site with a number of products which are currently in 2 product groups.

These product groups currently have offers associated with them such as 4 for 3 and coupon codes which are working well.

I now need to add a global discount which will allow you to buy any 10 products for a fixed price. This is pretty easy as all the products are the same price!

The problem I have is that I cannot set up a product discount as the products are in 2 groups and I cannot find a way of applying a discount to 2 groups. If I do it as a cart discount based on the cost of 10 items the other discounts are still being applied.

Does anyone know how I can get round this?

Cheers

Ruth

You will have to make sure the 10 product discount is the first one in your list and then mark the only one discount per order tickbox.

The discounting will stop at the first matching discount line - so I'll repeat, the 10 product discount must be the first one in the list.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

thanks for the quick reply.

I'm sure I can't do that as the 10 product discount is an order level discount and all the others are cart contents discounts. As far as I can see there is no way of seeing all discounts and ordering them or saying that only 1 discount per say can be applied (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!)

Cheers

Ruth

Comment

Hmm - yes, I answered without looking. I take it you have experimented with the effects of the consolidate box on the right of the miscellaneous tab, and this does not help?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Customer decided to have one offer for each group we already have set up.

This seems to be a big bugbear with Actinic. I understand the circular equation problems but I am sure there is a way to allow products in to more than one group - if anyone form Actinic sees this!?

Comment

Ruthie,

This is already on a wish list. I have added a vote on your behalf.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, much appreciated

R

Comment

Working...
              X