Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences btw CATALOG and BUSINESS v7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences btw CATALOG and BUSINESS v7?

Can someone please tell me what the fundamental differences are between the Catalog and Business versions of Actinic?

We will in the future be looking to add in a "Promotion Code" on checkout, and from what i have heard this option is only available in the Business version, is that correct?

If this is the case, is it possible to purchase the Catalog version and then later upgrade to the Business? without loosing anything in terms of the customised HTML templates I have created?

Thanks

there are comparison tables on the actinic site

http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/matrix.htm

Comment

Business and up is the only way to get the coupon ability.

You can start with Catalog, customize as you wish and then upgrade which then involves entering the new key into the catalog which then activates the business features, making it all available to you, but obviously the features in business like Login etc will only appear if you have this in your navigation or customized design, which if it is basic theme from the software, then it all appears as if by magic..

Thing to think on with buying Catalog now and then upgrading, is that the upgrade price is only discounted by approx 50 % of the catalog purchase price (or just under 50%), so you need to think on the path to follow if the upgrade is likely to be sooner rather than later.

Comment

Am sure that we will in time introduce customer accounts, promotion codes, etc which I can clearly see is only available in the Business edition.

However as I am just on designing the site, and want it up and running for a while as the site is, then im guessing were looking at as early as next year to introduce these scenarios into the site.

I think for the time being, Catalog will be the way to go initially.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X