Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Images Disappeared

Hi all

Overnight all of the preview images have dispapeared when adding products offline and now just display an X.

All the paths etc. are still there and nothing has changed - images etc. still in correct places.

Any ideas?

Have you been making a lot of changes? May be worth going to Housekeeping | Compact databases and ticking both boxes - amazing how many problems this little maintenance step can solve.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the reply - no joy!

When selecting ANY image from the PC they are not displaying locally.
      Last night we closed the PC down - everything was fine - today open it up and we can't see image previews.

Comment

Have you tied purging the browser cache (Internet Explorer) to see if that resolves .. may be a corrupted DAT file preventing the preview

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Good point - Didn't work though!

All titles etc. are bold now so the purge worked but didn't affect pictures.

When selecting an image form the C Drive the placeholder size changes if a different sized image but the image doesn't display.

Comment

Look in Act_ProductImage.html in case you've broken that file.

There will be an original copy somewhere in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\<whatever>

Also do Preview and copy the Address into Firefox and see if the page renders OK there. This will help determine whether it's Actinic or the Browser.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by the_bfb
              When selecting an image form the C Drive the placeholder size changes if a different sized image but the image doesn't display.
              If the images are outside of the site1 folder you will need to place a copy into PreviewHTML subfolder

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Norman

Some success!

In Microsoft Explorer images do not appear - In Mozilla page preview they do - therefore the browser is causing the p;roblem which is a bit more logical.

Explorer stopped me seeing pop ups overnight last week so I installed Version 7 which cured that but now it's messing up Actinic. Is there a way of getting round this so I can still use Actinic properly?

Phil

Comment

Actinic and v7 do not work together - I have already registered the problems as feedback with MS as part of the first BETA.

Your only solution is to uninstall v7 BETA - from Control panel - add/remove programs, with the show updates checkbox ticked - you should see an IE7 entry under the Windows XP updates section.
                  Bill

Comment

Bill/Norman - Many thanks

Uninstalling MS Explorer 7 Beta has done the trick

I was possibly the only Microsoft fan left - now no more.......

Comment

IE7 is a BETA, and MS are aware of the problem - I would wait for final release before judging the product.
                      Bill

Comment

Working...
                      X