Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant see my products list on Terms & Conditions

Wierd this,
    when i browse all my pages i can see the departments navigaion on the left side of my screen on my nav menu... however when i goto my terms and conditions page the menu is there but the hyperlinks to each "department" are not, its just a blank box!!

Any particular reason why this is happening????

Gavin - without seeing your pages, the questions you ask invite "stab in the dark" responses. If you included a link to where the problem can be seen, there is a much higher chance of getting the right answer the first time.

With absolutely nothing to evaluate - maybe the text and background are the same colour?

Does anything happen when you mouse over the area where the links should be?

Are you using a different overall template for the T & C page?
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 02-Jun-2006, 11:26 AM. Reason: spell s-e-e-n
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Could this be a result of your efforts on this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=21385 ?

Often best to undertake one task at a time and then see what changes it throws up - seems you are doing a lot of work in different parts at the moment so tracking where issues lay could prove very difficult. Actinic is quite easy to break and changes can be reflected in many parts of the site.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated.
        I understand what you mean when you cant "see" what i mean, so ive taken these screen dumps to show you.

ok screenshot 1.

This is my Act_BrochurePrimary.HTML page, this is the first page you see when you preview the site, on the navigation at the top of the page on my template i have just simply added the NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE attribute and this is what it shows. Ideally this is what i want as my HOMEPAGE.

The only way at present to go view the shop is to click on PRODUCTS on the navigation at the top. I would like it so that you can click on the link that says "click here to enter shop". Is the easiest way to do this to change the hyperlink to http://www.mysite.com/index.html ?

This "page" your seeing is an external page outside of actinic, so can easily modify the hyperlink it points to.

Also regarding the navigation menu at the top, as it stands at the minute it looks pretty messy, i normally like to have something in between each hyperlink i.e.

Home | Products | About Us | Privacy Details | ... and so on

Is there anyway to do this bearing in mind when i look at my template design all i see is NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE

Screenshot 2
        Once you click on the "PRODUCTS" this page is displayed. As you can see on the left side of the screen, there is is my navigation menu which shows the departments (or products) Fax Machines and Alarm Clocks

Terms & Conditions is right down the bottom of the page (cant see it on the screenshot supplied).. when that is clicked - see screenshot 3. I just have on my Act_Primary.html template - NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO

Screenshot 3
        So once the T&C are clicked screenshot 3 is displayed. As you can see you can no longer see Fax Machines or Alarm Clocks...

It is this that my question is based on....

Any help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Go to Advanced | Template Manager - change to the grey tabbed view if you are not already there. Now click the brochire tab and select the Nav Item button. This will open the navigation item template actually being used by your them (probably Act_NavigationItem.html). Add HTML to this template to display your separator between items (something like  |&nbsp.

Click here to enter shop should take you to /acatalog/shopindexpagename.html - in a standard install, your brochure pages will be in root, the shopping pages in an Actinic created /acatalog/ folder.

The T & C you are looking at is a brochure page, you will need to add the left side navigation to your main brochure page (from the brochure tab at Advanced | Template Manager ) to get it to show on this page.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,
            Thanks for your post i'll look into what you posted and let you know how I got on

Comment

Working...
            X