Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Images missing from Froogle Feeds (Google Base)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images missing from Froogle Feeds (Google Base)

Just started using Froogle feeds (now Google base) using the froogle feed output from Actinic Business V7. www.paragon-matrix.com

All seems to have gone ok, but just noticed that some of the products have missing images on froogle, even though they are on the site. What have I done wrong? Any ideas?

cheers

Phil

Can other users who are on 'Froogle' and are using 'google base' please comment to this thread. A search on both topics should also yeild results.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

I noticed a few of my pictures were missing late last week with no apparent reason. They are all there now except one, and that one really is missing - I think this product was recently hidden while out-of-stock and may not have been un-hidden (by me).

Alan Compton
      www.greenknightgames.co.uk

Comment

google base

i have been playing around with this too and i find if you just keep on re-submitting it it should be ok (well it was ok for me!) if not i would go on the google (froogle) forum which is great as they are real pros on there and they will know in no time!

all the best

alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexanderpreece
          i have been playing around with this too and i find if you just keep on re-submitting it it should be ok (well it was ok for me!) if not i would go on the google (froogle) forum which is great as they are real pros on there and they will know in no time!

all the best

alex
          Do you have a URL?

Ken

Later: OK, I've found it.

Comment

you may notice that base/froogle images in the site dont point to the images on your site. they are downloaded from your server once only and stored on the google servers, for use in their base/froogle syndication needs.

it takes them a while to download the images and process them. this lag confuses most. its not an instant affair, you see

also, perhaps, open up the feed and check the correct data is held there. Several threads on the forum refer to third party software thet creates feeds, perhaps give them a go too?

Comment

I've uploaded a feed to googlebase, it says 60 items active, 420 are inactive.

these 420 items also are marked disapproved.

How do I know if these 420 items have anything wrong with them, theres no info on my acct pages

I'vedone sucessful feeds with these items before, or is it a waiting game to see if they simply haven't been processed yet.

Not sure if disapproved in google speak means not yet approved

Comment

Give it a while (few days) and then do another bulk upload - I find that this sometimes sorts things out. I have gone back to using the basic txt feed from V8, I had problems with the other formats.

Comment

It usally gives a reason, if you skype me your google base details, I'll take a look.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                  X