Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Definable Fields/Data Protection Notice

Hi,

I have a problem in that we are a licensee of Manchester United, and several other football clubs. Man Utd have recently introduced a new data protection notice, which is way more complicated that the one built into Actinic. Actinic lets you use a 'yes I do want my info to be shared/no I don't want my info to be shared' type, but I need mine to work in the following way:

If you do not want to receive information about our goods, services, opportunities or events, please tick this box 0.
    If you do not want to receive information about MUML’s goods, services, opportunities or events, please tick this box 0.
    If you do not want to receive information about MU’s goods, services, opportunities or events, please tick this box 0.
    If you do not want to receive information about any goods, services, opportunities or events of carefully selected companies, please tick this box 0.

I also need a box that reads 'I have read and understood the data protection notice'. That you MUST tick when ordering.

I am trying to convince Man Utd to let us use a slightly re-written version that applies to all the clubs we sell merchandise for (I don't think I can get this to pop up only when you order Man Utd merchandise, if you were a Leeds fan this isn't applicable to you at all) in which case I need to be able to add about 4 or 5 more user definable fields into the Invoice Address field in Actinic, aswell as the 3 paragraph data protection notice. I am already using the 3 user definable fields in the General Information tab.

Man Utd are somewhat stringent about having this in place, so I need a fix pretty quickly. I've asked Actinic to add this into the next patch but realise this may take some time, or may not happen at all.

If anyone has any ideas then please let me know, I'm pretty desperate!

Cheers
    Charles

www.ahapremier.com

This is a hack but could solve your problem(s)

On the product pages or the page you see when you hit "buy" you could have either:

On the Man Utd products only 4 attributes with only one choice

If you do not want to receive information about our goods, services, opportunities or events, please tick this box 0.

If you do not want to receive information about MUML’s goods, services, opportunities or events, please tick this box 0.

If you do not want to receive information about MU’s goods, services, opportunities or events, please tick this box 0.

If you do not want to receive information about any goods, services, opportunities or events of carefully selected companies, please tick this box 0.

Or you split the products other info field to something similar, which you may show on the cart page.

fair piece of trouble for the shopper ordering multiple items as they would get asked this for every Man U product

Best Idea: Tell the punters to buy a Dons top

Owner of a broken heart

Comment

This should work for me, as due to the high cost of most of the products on our website very few people actually buy more than one item at a time. I think I'll give it a go and see how it looks.

Either way, a more comprehensive data protection notice would be more useful at the purchase stage rather than for every product.

I think I would probably add the data protection notice as a pop up window rather than feature all 4 paragraphs worth in every product. Can I hard code it into the product description to open a new window featuring the DP notice, rather than add it into the extended information? That way it could look like this:

Data protection notice:

Our data protection notice can be read by clicking here

Could I make it open it a custom size window? I don't know if you can insert Java script to make it do this in Actinic? Alternatively does anyone have a script to resize a window rather than open a custom size window? I'd also want to remove the button bar, address bar and menu bar. That way I could link to an external page with the text inside.

As for Dons shirts, I think more people from Wimbledon are Man U fans anyway aren't they?! In fact anywhere below Birmingham for that matter!

Comment

Working...
      X