Help - site checkout not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - site checkout not working

Good morning - I got up early this morning to add some new products to our site and all was well until I got some time-out errors during upload.

Then when looking at some old products in actinic on C drive (where the time-out appeared to fail) I am told images do not exist.

Then I get an email from a potential customer (very nice of them to report) that the check out is not working and the follwing error is encountered:

Following error has been displayed to a customer: An error occurred while attempting to generate a unique order number. Actinic ecommerce is unable to lock the counter file. Permission denied

Debugging information: Input Hash: ACTION : "Next>" GENERALHOWFOUND : "" GENERALUSERDEFINED : "" GENERALWHYBUY : "" PAYMENTMETHOD : "22" RANDOM : "0.792974033699469" REFPAGE : "http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Chamois_Leathers.html"
    SEQUENCE : "2"

On doing an FTP test in "advanced" I now get the following:

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: passed
    sockets: passed
    communications: passed
    authorisation: passed
    The web site directory is not writable.
    Unable to create a file in the web page directory.

Permission denied

Unable to create a sub-directory in the web site directory.

Permission denied

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem may be and how to resolve it?

Many thanks

Rob
    http://www.performancemotorcare.com
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Hi Rob

Just tried out your checkout and went through to your VSP all ok

So, sorry cannot help mate

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

The web site directory is not writable.
      the error message indicates your website directory is not writable, you may need to contact your host.

or your could ftp to the site and change them self if you have the permssion to do so

Comment

Working...
      X