• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help : Selected theme does not exist

Hi all

I need to change the bakground colour in my site to #FFFFCC

but when in actinic I go to design -> colours

I get the following error

"The current selected theme does not exist, please select a new theme with design-> themes"

The problem is if I do that it will re-write over all the modified templates that i have made.

Is their any other way to change the background colour

I tried setting it manually on act_brouchurePrimary but it does not change on the generated page.

Not sure why the template does not exist though as I just chose a clean layout template, can't remember which one though

cheers

davie
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

David - you don't say what flavour of Actinic you are working with (and I'm not sure it makes a difference), but it could be worth your while going to Advanced | Custom Themes and trying "Save as Custom Theme" - means if you ever screw it up, you can get back to your standard fairly quickly.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

that won't work for me as I am using actinic 7.0.5.0.0.0 fjba - business

and I do't have the option to save as custom theme
      David Mawson
      Phoenix Trading

Comment

custom themes is a developer feature

However you should be able to save the current theme as a new name, then hope that actinic recognises this, and then try to change the bgcolour

Comment

I tried setting it manually on act_brouchurePrimary but it does not change on the generated page
          The reason for this is that Actinic uses an image to control the background colour so when you try to change the background colour in Act_Primary nothing happens.

You first need to delete the background image then change the background colour using Dreamweaver or the like.

Comment

I deleted background1.gif from the site and set the background colour to the one 1 needed. Worked fine thanks

As a point of note I asked actinic support (which I pay £300+ for) the same question and I got an email back the next day saying

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This error can occur if themes.ini file that maintains the theme format is corrupt on the machine. I am afraid on was is to look to look into a recent snapshot of your site and see if you can recover the themes.ini from it and paste it to your current site1 folder (in C:\Program files\Actinic v7\Sites\) You can extract this file alone from the snapshot by opening it with Winzip or Winrar.

But the recover themes.ini will recover the site to the last design theme changes you had made when the site snapshot was taken. Hence replacing this themes.ini file might require you to redo the changes it might have gone back on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the very first snapshop that I took back in november 05 but the same error was present in that one.

I email support back on 7/6/05 and am still waiting for a responce !!!!

Makes you wonder why you pay for support when you get a better responce from the forum.

There is 1 big bonus with paid support though - free upgrades !!!

Just hope that ver 8 comes out before nov this year
            David Mawson
            Phoenix Trading

Comment

Is that worth a bag of sweets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                Is that worth a bag of sweets!!!

send me your address and i'll see what i can do
                David Mawson
                Phoenix Trading

Comment

Working...
                X