Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi User Login

We currently use 2 sites in MU.

On a couple of accasions a user has closed MU but not ben able to log back in. When I open the site in Access I can see they are still in the table ECUsers as logged in so I can simply log them out.

Is there any way to clear the ECUser file without someone having to edit it using Access?

When you logout of Actinic the table should be reset automatically, if this is not happening then something has gone wrong and as far as I know the only way to clear is it to manually change the access table.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      When you logout of Actinic the table should be reset automatically.
      Thats the theory but it doesn't happen like that. In fact just this minute it has kicked the user out for some reason and now she can't get back in even as an another administrator to clear her login.

It seems also that Actinic MU is developing a dislike of her PC - every other machine is OK.

Alistair

Comment

You can change the timeout value to 1440 to stop yourself getting autologged out so often, I think that this is on the housekeeping menu.

Does it clear the logged in flag if she isn't autologged out?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Found it so lets see what happens.

If by logged in flag you mean the MachineID then no - it stays at "1" and I have to change it to "-1".

Comment

I would raise a support query with Actinic in that case, something is definately wrong on that machine.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
              raise a support query with Actinic
              I did that yesterday p.m. but we are going to try the timeout adjustment and see what happens.

I think also that I may just try a reinstall of Actinic and do a delete and recreate of the user.

I have noted that while Actinic is open on that PC it is constantly paging the network.

The PC itself is fine it is an IBM P4 new last Nov. Up to the last week or so it has run Actinic fine and runs all of our other apps inc our network db without any problem so I can only assume there is a problem just with Actinic.

Comment

Is there any chance that not all machines on the network use either the network DHCP server or manually assigned IP addresses?

A mixture of the two will cause problems.

Chris

Comment

No they all (this included) use network DHCP.

Since this morning with 1440 timeout the PC in question has worked OK.

Comment

Working...
                  X