Actinic Catalog on 3 machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Catalog on 3 machines

I want two other people in my organisation who work in different sections and sell different products to be able to monitor stock levels and process orders on their machines, while I do all the design work. Is this possible?

Having looked at various other threads, I'm worried that I might not be able to do this at all.

I gather that if I upload my design changes it will cancel out their stock levels. Can I get round this by having them take snapshots or export their databases or something whenever I need to upload?

How will we avoid them both erasing each others data? Would they need to export to one file across our network? Is such a thing possible?

Have you looked at Multi Users Version, should do what you require
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
      Have you looked at Multi Users Version, should do what you require
      Well we've looked at the price! We're a charity, and I'm not sure we could justify spending that kind of money! But thanks, anway.

Comment

The Actinic web site shows 'POA' for the multi-user version.

Has anyone got a guide price on this?

Comment

there's Jan's multi user software also, you would need to contact her to find out the differences between her multiuser and actinics.

Comment

This only appears to be order processing for multi users, is there anyway that multiple people can add items to the store???

Comment

the only way I can think of for multi input is to use import files in csv

Comment

If you use hierarchical import to pass your design changes back to the main machine, you can avoid overwriting the stock levels by not included the stock level in the import file.

If you want to use snapshots to pass the design between the machines you will overwrite the stock levels.

If you have fairly basic needs to importing the products, you could even use flat file import and again remove the stock level fields from the file before entering the data.

If you use either import methods, you must use the update option when you import the new products onto the system or your existing products will be overwritten.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Design vs. Catalog and Orders

I'm in a similar situation - I am designing the site-layout and my client will handle the catalog, stock, and order processing.

Can you talk a little more about not incuding stock level in the import file? That sounds easy enough - is it?

Comment

When you import the files you have to map the fields in your import file to the ones in Actinic, so you can either just not put the values in the file (this is what I would do) or if they are there not map them.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                    X