Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic query - Image Sizing

Hello There

Just at the beginning of learning how to tackle Actinic. Have obviously decided to do things the hard way and am determined to use my own site design rather than a template.

Starting with a 'clean layout', I'm getting the basic theory, but I've hit a snag right at the outset - how on earth can I amend the size of my logo image? I've got as far as the Act_logoimage.html file with the NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT - but I can't figure out where the Imageheight and imagewidth are coming from.

I've checked in the design guide, in the getting started guide, the advanced guide, opened everything I can find in Actinic, but I've drawn a blank. There's something really obvious that I'm missing isn't there!
    Caite
    www.tuppys.co.uk

Yes, there is - use your graphic programme to resize the image to the final size you want on your page, and then reference that version of the Logo in the Actinic Design | Options settings.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I've tried that! It looks fine in the tiny preview window, but when I try the 'offline page preview' it's being resized.
      Caite
      www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

The size of the image itself should not be changing - but the width of the containing table cell will change according to page resolution - is it this cell background that is causing your problem?
        Bill

Comment

Good question!

I shall go and ponder. Cheers!
          Caite
          www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Is the company image added as a background? I always thought it was added to the cell so with tables being tables they expand and shrink to fit as no dimensions are provided for it being a background image

If you have been tinkering with the Act_LogoImage.html you may have broken something - may be best to re-instate the original from the original / themes folder

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes, the image fits in a table cell - I was suggesting that the image size is not really changing, but the cell background is appearing when the page is expanded. (i.e. cell expands, but picture does not - causes empty space to appear - giving the illusion the picture has reduced in size because it no longer fits)
              Bill

Comment

Yes - that would give the illusion if the background is bleeding through .. in which case once you have a specific size for the logo it would be best to specifically declare the cell size to prevent it re-sizing and the background bleeding through. This would be in the Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary and Act_PrimaryCheckout templates

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                X