bug related to dropdown menus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug related to dropdown menus?

after purging, deleting, restoring and generally resetting everything i still ahve this problem.

<SELECT NAME="v_867_1" class="formtext"><OPTION VALUE=2 >UK4<OPTION VALUE=3 >UK5</SELECT>

is a snippet from one of my products that does not go into the cart properly.

the wrong size is added. since for some reason, the values in this dropdown start at 2 and not one like most other products. most products work fine and start at 1. some are borked. and its starting to get very puzzling indeed.#

does anyone know whats going on?

Hi - have you tried going to HOUSEKEEPING and compacting your databases and then uploading the site?
    Regards
    David

Comment

twice.

no dice.

edit:
      in fact, i'v just done all the things in as many support thingers as possible. it still insists on starting at 2, and screwing up my orders.

perhaps i'll need to re-build some sections from scratch?

i'd rather not do that, it'll take me weeks. :'(

Comment

Gabriel,

You MUST rebuild your choices so that the Options start at 1. Once you have a three option choice that reads Option 1, Option 2, Option 3, you can copy and paste that everywhere you need three options and change the option values - what you cannot do is copy a four option choice and then delete the first option - and that is what has been done.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

and this is exactly my problem.

how do i know that one of my sections is borken?

the sections were out of sync, and caused a lot of hassle in the catalog.

there was no way to tell if any of the sections were damaged, and so they had to ALL be checked.

i feel that actinicV7 should generally be clever enough to tell if they are broked.

although i cannot reproduce this issue, i fear that it'll be back at some point. I think it stems from shifting various components around in relation to a single product.

or is this a feature? by design?

anyone any idea?

Comment

Hi,

I think you are experiencing a bug in the software. Because you are re-arranging the choices, the id's are not getting updated correctly in the database. This is due to be fixed in the next release of v7 but I'm afraid that we don't have a date for it yet. The only options you have is to either ensure that you enter the choices in the correct order in the first place or to delete the choices and re-enter them (for existing products).
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

after a fair amount of fiddling, i'v come to this conclusion, if anyone else has this problem.

creating a blank temp product, and dragging the choice parent (thats the attribute) onto it, then upload.

drag the choice parent back to your existing product, delete the blank temp product, then upload again.

this fixes the ordering issue everytime for me.

see, the site has a large amount of things, in a large amount of sizes, and we have only certain sizes in at any time. this means that we are constantly adding and removing sizes, and then uploading.

this has had the upshot effect of screwing our catalog up, due to this buglette after going through the catalog and fixing these errors, we really have no way of knowing things are borked, until someone tells us. and thats not good :'(

so, what i think, for the next version, is a change to the way that choices are handled, so that we can 'hide' them, just like we can products and sections. this would make life sooo much easier for us. and probably for other people that have daily changes to available sizes.

Comment

Working...
              X