Making a Field Mandatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a Field Mandatory

Is there any way when entering a product to make one of the fields mandatory. We use shipping based on weight, and on a few occassions, I have ommitted to add a weight and therefore when someone buys that product there is no p&p charged!!

So, is there a way of making Actinic warn you that you have not entered anything into this field?

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

I don't know of a way to do this with Actinic but if you know SQL you could write a query to list the products without a wieght - it would be a bit more complicated than normal because the product weight is stored in the shipping database and the products are stored in the main catalog database.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Kathy

I will add this suggestion to the wish list. I like the idea of being able to add your own validation rules into the software.

Comment

Thanks Chris - that would be great (and may save me a fortune!)

Kathy
        Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
        X