Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking the seller questions before adding to the cart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking the seller questions before adding to the cart.

We sell veterinary products and need to ask the seller questions which will vary for each product (there will probably be between 6-8).

Ideally, it'd be similar to http://www.vet-medic.com/ if you click "Buy Now" on one of the Frontline products. A seperate page with questions pops up before adding it to the basket. Is this possible with Actinic?

I'm aware of the Other Info Question Field to put on the product but am not sure how / if it's possible to have multiple fields and don't really want to show all of the questions for every product while the customer is just browsing the site.

Any ideas?

You could have the user arrive first at a duplicate product that shows most, but not all, details and have a dummy 'buy button' image that links to the real product with full details and multiple info prompts for your questions, and the real "Add to Cart" button.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

am not sure how / if it's possible to have multiple fields
      See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff where I've written an add-on that allows multiple Other Info input fields. It also allows some of the fields to be mandatory; some to be optional.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks guys - you've given me a way forward.

Norman - I've tried to follow your add-on instructions without success. I've edited ActinicCore.js, ActinicOrder.pm & OrderScript.pl aswell as the field 2161 in Design|Text. When I tried to add a product to the cart it says "field required" although there wasn't a text box to fill in.

I restored the files from the backup I made and edited them individually - the issue arises when I edit the field in Design|Text within Actinic. After editting this, when I try and put something in the Other Info Question prompt I get a script error.

Line 36
        Char 1
        Do I want to continue running scripts on this page.

Is this an issue because I'm using v7? I've copied|pasted everything over so I'm 100% it's edited as it should be.

Comment

Many people use that patch on V7 without problems. You don't need the complex Perl patches to test it out on a Preview. The Perl stuff is needed for the Cart and Checkout on live pages.

Try viewing your page in Firefox (use it's Tools / JavaScript Console) and see if they helps pin down the error.

If you have a live site, then it would be much easier to see what's going wrong if you can post the URL.

Comment

Hi Norman,

If you try to buy the first product on this page

http://www.evsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...g_Wormers.html

I'm not convinced I've filled in the Other Info Question field correctly but even when entering a 1 word prompt, a text field doesn't appear on the product page.

Comment

You haven't got the bit of code that's meant to go into actiniccore.js (the very first thing in the installation instructions).

Note that this script gets refreshed if you change Themes so that's what might have undone it.

Comment

Working...
              X