X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Day Shipping Restriction

Hi All,

Can anyone help with this one.

I want to be able to configure shipping in the following manner. I want the customer to have 2-3 day (standard delivery) with the following rates, they imply upto and including.

1.0 kg £ 3.85
    1.5 kg £ 4.95
    2.0 kg £ 5.50
    4.0 kg £ 7.70
    6.0 kg £ 8.75
    8.0 kg £ 9.99
    10.0 kg £10.70
    20.0 kg £12.50

In this scenario, if the customer purchases an item which brings the total weight to 11kg, the shipping charge would be the next weight from 10kg, ie £12.50 how can I configure this is actinic?

Secondly, in next day delivery, the same upto and including rule applies with the following rates:

1.0 kg £ 5.70
    2.0 kg £ 7.40
    10.0 kg £18.50

The same principle applies but Next day delivery is only available for orders of 10kg or under, therefore if the order weight is over 10kg, actinic should not display the Next Day shipping option, can anyone explain how to configure this?

Finally, the customer can opt for insurance to cover for loss for an additional premium of £1.00, is it better to simply include this in the shipping charge as standard? Can actinic provide this additional cost as an option.

Would appreciate anyones help. Whilst I do love the product, sometimes you just wish there was a parameter somewhere that would provide what you wanted. Guess there would be a lot of parameters if this were the case?

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks again.

Alan Wyatt-Jones.
    Kind Regards,

Alan Wyatt-Jones
    First4IT Solutions Limited

Business Settings/Shipping and Handling allows you to do precisely this. You'll need to select shipping by weight and set up a shipping class for "Standard" and one for "Next Day". Each class can then have its own weight tables. You will also have to have a shipping zone, under each class. If you start by having only a zone for the UK, this is a little more obvious, then add other zones like Europe etc.

Presumably you have already (or are planning to) put in the individual product weights.

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Alan,

My Shipping Table Looks Like This

UK--
      -- Next Day Delivery
      -- Standard Delivery

I have added the rates and weights quoted and I hope actinic simply calculates the shipping cost based on the next weight band.

My bigger concern was restricting next day delivery shipping option for products under 10kg - I don't know how to configure this restriction?

and also, the insurance issue described below - do I add this to the charge or can I provide the option and if so how do I configure it?

Would appreciate your comments.

Many thanks.

Alan.
      Kind Regards,

Alan Wyatt-Jones
      First4IT Solutions Limited

Comment

Alan,

For the Next Day restriction, there is a set of options underneath the shipping weights table that specify what happens when the weight is exceeded. I think there is a "Don't exceed" option which does what you want. Actinic does not display (to the customer) options that aren't available for the total product weight.

You can test how the shipping options behave by putting through some manual orders in Actinic itself (ie. not over the web). Select the desired weight of products and the Shipping & Handling page will display the available options. Be careful, as flipping around the tabs on manual orders does not always update the shipping properly.

I don't know about the insurance option.

Comment

Working...
        X