Image Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Folder

I want to add a lot more product images. Is it sensible to have these in a separate folder within site 1?

I'll be using Paint Shop Pro X to crop and resize the images - anyone any special advice about this too?

thanks in advance to you knowledgeable lot!

Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Thats fine .. best to keep it as a sub-folder of the site1 and all should be fine for product images.

Images not directly referenced by Actinic (such as CSS images) need to also be copied into the PreviewHTML folder (and into the "additional files" dialog under Advanced but for product images there is no need.

Not familiar with PS Pro but it should have an automated function to resize images within a folder and save to another folder. Always best to work with the original image wherever possible and not one that has already been saved an compressed as you will start seeing a loss in image quality.

Also worth checking to see if a JPEG or a GIF image works better for some products depending on the number of colours and complexity of the image

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks a lot - very helpful
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane,

Remember too that when the images are uploaded to the web site they are all put together, so if you use a sub-folder system on your PC and have files with the same name in these folders (say prod1 in both a thumbnail folder and a large image folder) you will run into problems with identical file names.

Speaking from experience, unfortunately
        Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
        Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

yes, I've already discovered this problem and realsied what I needed to do to solve it, but didn't understand why Actinic couldn't see the difference, so thanks for that.
          Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Working...
          X