Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon issues

Hi people

I have a large problem. Basically i have a website with thousands of users and it has a 'credit' system. Everyone has a certain amount of credits due to how our site works. I need to turn those credits into money and let people use them in our shop.

My initial idea was to create loads of coupon codes worth X amount of pence and give these to each individual customer.

The problem is that it deosnt seem like i can make a coupon expire after its been used which seems pretty silly really. Is that right?

I can generate lots of codes and their value and import them into the Actinic MDB but theyre isnt anything stopping the user using it loads of times or passing it on to his mates.

That all makse sense?

Ta

Originally posted by Joff
    That all makse sense?
    Yep - as it is static HTML and not database driven Actinic will only cancel the coupon code once you disable in the backoffice and then refresh the site again .. if they pass the code to their mates all at the same time you are stuffed

An option would be to specify something like coupons only accepted subject to verification in the back office ... this is fine for offline payments but no good to PayPal or NoChex automatic payments etc.

Coupons are much like you get on the side of packs of PG Tips .. they are not buyer specific so if you rummage through the local tip you can cut out any you find laying around .. they are designed to promote specific products and increase sales rather than being used as gift vouchers which a lot of Actinicers hoped to use them for

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I use WorldPay for the payments if that makes a difference?

Is there no other way of doing this?

Comment

As jont says there are lots of us trying to do the same thing - search for gift vouchers! Maybe V8 will help.

Comment

Working...
        X