Froogle export question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle export question??

I have registered and been accepted by Froogle and have created my 1st data feed. The problem I have is anywhere I have a hard return in the Product Details, Full Description it is adding the same breaks to the data feed, which forces that data into the wrong columns. I have tried to open the file in Excel to remove the returns but that is to difficult as the data is to randomly placed. If I remove the hard returns from the Full Description it works fine, but the site looks bad. Has anyone encountered this problem and how did you solve it? Thanks FREDY

Hi Fredy

I am running this one past the development team.

Will keep you posted.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I appreciate it and would be interested in what they have to say.

Comment

Hi there

According to the team, the hard returns should not cause a problem with Froogle, but they will cause a problem with Excel.

Hope that helps.

Comment

The first data feed I sent Froogle was directly out of actinic froogle export with no changes. Froogle replied that the hard breaks in the description were a problem, so what could have occurred to change the data feed from my machine? I have Actinic Business 6.1.2.1

Comment

I have to apologise - since responding to your last post we have discovered that there is a problem in the froogle export with regards to full descriptions and hard returns.

We are currently working an a fix for a future patch which will strip out line breaks from the froogle export.

As a workaround, open the froogle export in WordPad and then save it as a text file and this seems to remove all the hard returns.

Comment

OK, I am glad you were able to duplcate it so I know its not just me.. Will watch for a patch. Thanks for your time. FREDY

Comment

Working...
              X