Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial version set up

I get this error when I try to upload my trial site:

Unable to connect to the HTTP server "trials.actinic.com" because the specified server is invalid. This could also occur if the network connection is down.

The server name or address could not be resolved

How can I reslove this? anyone!

Welcome, Albert

Does typing trials.actinic.com into your web browser work?

It should take you to a welcome / registration page.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

Yes that works fine - and it's given me a new username and password - but it's Actinic that won't connect to the server - or give me the option to enter the username and password!

Ab

Comment

I'm not too familiar with the Trial server but try this:-

Go to Advanced / Network Setup and see if the words Actinic Host Mode are near the top of the window.

If not, click the Convert button and enter your Username / Password when prompted.

Comment

Hi Norman

Actinic Host Mode is at the top. But I tried to change it anyway error message said could not resolve server name or address

I've removed and re-installed the programme, but it's just the same - You're supposed to be asked for your username and password when you try to upload for the first time - but it doesn't - and then i get the original error message.

i think I'll have to phone

Comment

You may have a firewall blocking Actinics access to the internet. Try temporarily disabling that and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X