Shopping Cart Quantity of item with choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart Quantity of item with choices

How do I get the shopping cart to show 1 item when it is added from a product with choices?

Just like the Product Built from Add ons Desktop PC example my shopping cart lists the product added (the dress - quantity one) and on the next line the chosen size (the dress size 12 - quantity one) and the price, so it looks at first that there are 2 items in the cart. I simply want the item in the chosen size listed.

If all sizes are the same price then you can use a simple Attribute and Choices that don't affect the price.

Is this the case?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I tried that method but I need to monitor the stock on each size as they cannot be re-ordered. So I have 1 size 10, 2 size 12 and 1 size 14 as hidden products, that are showing in the cart as well as the main product choice that has the add to cart button and size choice drop down box.

I do only get one price showing (pricing model - product price) but 2 lines of items.

Comment

OK. There are definitely posts on these forums regarding removing the component quantities. Search on "removing component quantites" for some of them.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hiding the component quantities

I came across the following article in the technical help.

How can I hide the component quantities in the Cart Table?

http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...es.html#aKB437

I hope this is of help. I haven't got round to implemeting it myself so would be interested if it works.

Comment

It works alright. We have been using it for about 2 years now so the quantity figure did not show up on our colour and size components. Be careful though, it will also remove the info from the downloaded order as well so if you are wanting to hide something the warehouse needs for picking then you should have a rethink. Otherwise it works great, one of my must have amendments!

Dave
            Cheers

David
            Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks for the link. I've got it working and its exactly what I need.

Comment

Working...
              X