Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today was goning to be the day and I've already stuffed it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gareth,

Going off my initial problems with Fasthosts......if I remember rightly, this is how it panned out

You can run Actinic on a Windows or Linux server.....the problems arise (they did for me anyway ) when trying to set up the SSL side of the site. I ended up using their Linux server but with Actinic SSL instead.

I think you can put your entire site in the Fasthosts SSL ......and get it running that way, as Mr Bump says....but from what I can remember it was only 10meg so I opted out of that idea
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Turned it on again this evening to have another go.
      We can process card details so I've been trying to get the whole site in the ssl folder as required, so I've gone through the process of setting up the ssl folder up on Fasthost's control panel, so I have the URL for the secure folder, and my ssl username and password, and it seems to be one of the latter that is the problem. Entered it all into the network setup options, go to test and it comes back to tell me:
      'Unable to connect to the FTP server because the specified username or password is incorrect.'
      Now that really is it for today........

Comment

you probably need to let it propagate for a while.

When you changed from windows server to unix the IP will have changed, and then again the IP will changed when going from shared to dedicated IP (SSL requires a ded IP).

For a co.uk domain it should be ready tomorrow

Comment

Working...
        X