Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refreshing Website to correct problems?

Hi,
    My website is wrong on the web and I have tried to refresh it to correct the problems but I keep getting the same error message which reads:
    "200 Type set to I
    500 ORT not understood
    500 LPRT not understood"
    If I ignore this it then comes up with another error message saying:
    "An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic Ecommerce can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you."

I am not a web designer and have very little technical knowledge, but desperately need to correct this problem. My webdesigner is not answering my emails or phone calls.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Originally posted by avjmh
    ...The problem is probably due to permissions problems...
    You say it's wrong on the web - from that I assume it was working before? Assuming you have a Linux host, connect using an FTP pogram and check the permissions are 777 for the acatalog folder and contents and 755 for the cgi-bin folder and contents.

Originally posted by avjmh
    ...My webdesigner is not answering my emails or phone calls.
    Doesn't say much for the design company. Did they initially get it all working for you on your host?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Yes, it has was all working fine, but this is a problem which keeps re-occuring. The wrong pages are on the site and differ from the (correct) ones I have on my Actinic. I'm afraid that your response may as well have been in chinese though, I havn't got a clue how to do what you suggested. Don't suppose you could do a noddy version for the total technophobe that I am??

Comment

Another question first: Have you been able to update the site from this computer before? Do you mean that sometimes you can update the site and the update works ok yet sometimes it won't?

If the answers to those are yes then I would suspect it's something at your hosts end. I don't know V6 but Try a Network Test and see what errors you get.

Comment

Yes, I have been able to upload the site and refresh it in the past with no problems.
          How do I do a network test?

Comment

I searched the forum for the error message, it seems this is more likely to be a server error

this may help

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=200+Type+set

Comment

I've seen similar (but not identical) problems when Netgear routers are being used. Is your router from Netgear? If so search the forum for "Netgear MTU".
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X