Quick Site Check Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Site Check Please

Can someone give this site a check before I add terms and switch it to worldpay please

Please include any errors, browser version and PC/MAC thanks

site is here http://www.myfamilyname.org.uk/acatalog

usual 0000000000000000 in the CC details
    Owner of a broken heart

Using a Mac running OS X, with Apple's new Safari browser, when you click 'add to cart, it downloads the ca000001.pl file rather than running it. Doesn't do it on my site (www.ahapremier.com) though. Wierd!

Seems OK in IE 5.2 for Mac though.

Comment

I have noticed that my browser sometimes try to download .pl files rather than open them although only on a particular site I use. Hmm

Thanks
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I have reported this to Apple, as Safari is only on its 2nd Beta release and they ask people to let them know any bugs that crop up. Nice browser, shame it doesn't open 1 in 20 sites properly. Ironically it wont open the Mac Warehouse site!

Worth finding out what the problem is though, I think Safari will become the browser of choice for Mac users over the next year or so.

Cheers
        Charles

Comment

I would not mind some thoughts on the product choosing stages
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Really like the flash file that lets you preview the finished product, and the way it selects the correct price for you. Would like to see a bigger image though, and possibly some more descriptive text. Its hard to see what the product looks like, and the detail in the frame. A pre-loader would be good on the Flash file as even though I'm using a 1mb broadband connection it took about 15 seconds to open it up.

Cheers
            Charles

Comment

I asked the client for better images but he is happy with these.

Better add the descriptions
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Site checks out XP and IEv6

Orange Writting on yellow box's merge with yellow making hard to read

I would want to have a sample of what is on the scroll before I would purchase. Who nows what you would write
                Chris
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Gary,

The buttons on the black bar below the navigation bar (scrolls, engraving, flasback and frames) don't seem to do anything. I it looks like flasback is a spelling mistake.

It's a bit slow.

If you go to first name scrolls and select the paper type from the right hand box, you get a picture of dogs but the paper type is set to daisies. If you continue to click along from right to left quite a few a wrong.

It would be really nice if the pictures updated when you made selections from the drop downs.

Looks really good though - I haven't seen a dynamically updating picture thingy like that before.

Cheers,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Looks good.

You might want to change the buy butons from 'add to cart' to 'add to basket' to match 'check basket' on the navbar.

The blank yellow space between the box containg the section title and the section text looks a little odd.

Also as mentioned by another reply the orange text on the dark yellow section titles does not come across very well.

Peter
                    www.printerbase.co.uk
                    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

The links dont work at the top of the site, Scrolls engraving etc etc

http://www.myfamilyname.org.uk/engrave.html

Comment

Need to add the content for Scrolls, Flas(h)back etc.

It could be slow because the prod chooser is Flash. Will geta preloader built.

I forgot about the orange text as I had visited all the links
                        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Everyone

It would be really nice if the pictures updated when you made selections from the drop downs.
                          I intend to comment out the drop down lists when I know they are working
                          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I would like to know what the scrolls say, I am not really sure what the site is selling (maybe because family trees don't do much for me).

is there a coat of arms/crest for every surname?

There is a fist on the images thus I was expecting a larger image to pop up (with scroll text?) However the little boxes work well! Cool!

I wouldn't buy from this site becasue of the lack of info describing the products

XP prof/IE 6.02

Comment

30,000 surnames and I dont know how many forenames but I am sorry as Pinbrook is not there.

The assement seems to be that a better description is needed and a better of idea of what the text will say.

I think the text changes with every name, but I have passed on the comments (same reservations as myself) and hope he will let this happen.

Thanks Again
                              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                              X