X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWWSERVER- web hosting site down

Hi
    wwwserver -webhosting - please help
    I am using the above hosting company, and I know someone esle olso using this company to host their Actinic website.
    My website www.surbitonart.co.uk down since yesterday (15th June) morning. I can't access even their own website. There are other people also reporting this in the google forum page. Has anyone got telephone number of this company. I have been using them over three years, never had this length of problem and always communicating them through e-mail.

If it can't be resolved quickly or the hosting company gone bust, can someone please tell me how quick I can transfer my site to another hosting company. I had some orders on the server on 14th night, It might also upset the customers

Any advise PLEASE

Cached google contact page http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...k&ct=clnk&cd=8 shows a fax number, but was unable to locate a voice number, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      Cached google contact page http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...k&ct=clnk&cd=8 shows a fax number, but was unable to locate a voice number, sorry.
      Thank you. I have faxed to them see if any joy

Comment

please tell me how quick I can transfer my site to another hosting company
        Setting up hosting can be done in several minutes the problem may come with who is hosting your domain name as you will need access to it via a control panel to change some settings. If it is the same company as your current hosting then it may take a while if it is different you should be able to get the site back up pretty quick.

I see your domain name is hosted by http://www.vibus.net - their website is also down, are they the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          Setting up hosting can be done in several minutes the problem may come with who is hosting your domain name as you will need access to it via a control panel to change some settings. If it is the same company as your current hosting then it may take a while if it is different you should be able to get the site back up pretty quick.

I see your domain name is hosted by http://www.vibus.net - their website is also down, are they the same company.
          Thank you
          Everything down can't access the control panal mail, their help desk, their website. FTP, MAIL and so on. Must be some drastic incident happening. vibus must be also running on the same saver.

The fax number stated now own by a company in Italy they hold it via Efax services.

Comment

As Malcolm says new hosting space can be set up in a matter of minutes, the time element comes into play when changing the name servers from the old host to the new, this can take up to 24 hours for a co.uk domain to take effect, and slightly longer for others.

This is where it is a better policy to have your domain name administered by someone who is not your host. As in times of difficulty you have the option to switch DNS, without having to get in contact with your host. If/when a host is having problems they are tend to be non contactable.

Comment

Thank you
              I have another name registered to me www.surbitonart.com This is currently held by FREECOM.NET even though i have paid and renewed it for five years, I am not currently using it. Can I able to set it up under this name, any pitfall?

as it going to be weekend, I hope the site may be up and running by that time, if not I will have to find another solution.

My business rely over 60% on the website, as people to find about us as well as selling it. I had few orders in my website, I am going to dissapoint all these customers

Phillip Jeganathan

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. The site is running now. I have learned a lot I will try and implement some of your comment

Thanks, You are a GREAT COMMUNITY
                Phillip

Comment

Working...
                X