Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site in one place, orders in another

Hi all,

Is it easy enough to install and run Actinic on two different computers in two different places? The stock we sell is stored somewhere else and ideally I'd like it for them to pick up the orders from where they are and I build the site from where I am. There's a possibility that I might be relocated (which I'd rather not have happening to me) to the place where the stock is held.

I suppose it's possble to forward all emails to them but ideally I'd like Actinic on both machines so they can print out the invoices etc.

Please tell me it's possible and easy!

Scott.

YES it is easy. You can maintain the site in one location and download orders in another.

Comment

Woohoo! I get to keep my office then

Scott.

Comment

BUT.....

several features including stock control do not work

Comment

Is there no synchronization tool or something to run at the end of each day? Not that we're using the stock control system at the moment anyway.

S.

Comment

several features including stock control do not work
            Well spoted jo - thanks for pointing out my error.

Comment

Hi there
              Originally posted by tuestunim
              Is there no synchronization tool or something to run at the end of each day? Not that we're using the stock control system at the moment anyway.
              S.
              One way of overcoming this, is that if you had Business or Developer, you could use External Linking. Here both Actinic version could link to an external spreadsheet which holds stocks for the products.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but.... external linking works when your Pcs are on the same network.

I have a installation where orders and product updating is spread over 2 PCs not on the same network, they only talk via the WWW

in this case stock control etc can not work, our only solution is swapping snapshots

i would love to find a solution to this...

Comment

Hi Jo

I have a installation where orders and product updating is spread over 2 PCs not on the same network, they only talk via the WWW
                  If they only talk via the WWW, then I haven't see a way of achieving this. I have seen people in the past using SQL via ODBC connection. But not a solution for your problem. Let me have a think about this, and I will see if there is a solution

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there,

I have thought about this, and in theory for what Jo wanted, it may work. What I think will work, is setting up an MySql database which holds the stock information and the product reference. Now to get Actinic to connect to the MySQL database, you would need MySQL Connector/ODBC, which I have found in http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...connector.html.

This can be used with Actinic External Linking.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                    X