Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needs guidance

Hi there.
    I am new to actinic, actual fairly new to web design. I desinged our old site using Dreamweaver but now that we're using actinic I'm trying to get to grips with code but it's taking time to sink in. I have 1 big pic ture question and 1 small question.
    1. What's the best place to start with code, and what should I be focusing on with Actinic?
    2. I have a page with some thumbnails. I want to be able to click on the thumbnail and open up a seperate image.
    If you go to www.thegigrig.com and then click on 'Pedal Board Pics' you'll see the thumbnails.

I appreciate any help and guidance you might be able to offer.

Daniel

Welcome - checkout the user guides at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Comment

and work within Actinc and build your design from there, you can edit actinic templates in Dreamweaver

Comment

We had a desinger build the site so I'm editing his work. With the downloads and manuals there seems to be alot of info on the store side of things, but the content side seems a bit thin. I'm sure I'm missing something. I will go through the manual as thoroughly as time will allow, but still haven't been able to solve the thumbnail question.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

I have a page with some thumbnails. I want to be able to click on the thumbnail and open up a seperate image.
          I presume that you want to add products to sell in these? if so you need to create sections/sub sections and then add products. It looks like your designer has used fragments to create the current layout - this is not the way to do it.

Buy adding products (even if you do not want to sell the item) you will be able to use the extended info tab to create a pop-up fro the thumbnail.

Comment

Ah, that I can understand. Brilliant. Thank you so much

Comment

Working...
            X