What is ODTemplate.html ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is ODTemplate.html ???

Having spent 9 months building our site, checking it a hundred times, arranging for hosting with Actinic, uploading using Actinic supplied network settings, etc., we now find that if you click on a product it throws a wobbly... asking for a missing template OD.... Any clues anybody, Actinic don't seem to have a solution yet. It is clearly something to do with the Cart - but what? It is very embarassing having our shop up on the web, but malfunctioning...

www.thetokenhouse.co.uk

Were you able to Add to Cart before, or is this your first attempt?

ODTemplate.html is a necessary file that contains the layout of thje cart summmary. It (and SCTemplate.html) should be automatically generated uploaded to your server's acatalog directory by Actinic. The generated files are created in your SiteHTML folder.

Look on your PC in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML and report if you see the above files.

If you don't see these files do a Refresh and see if they are now there.

I notice that many other required files are missing from your server. It may also help to go to Advanced / Network Setup and report what running the Network Test says.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Neither of those files are there - I wonder why not... Can they be inserted manually? You also say that there are other files missing as well... uhoh..

Comment

As asked above but not answered:-

Did you do a Refresh?

Did you do the Network Test?

On your live site, clicking the Checkout button gives ../httpdocs/acatalog/bounce.html not found.

Comment

Refresh - no change

Network Test - no problems...

Comment

As asked above but not answered:-

Comment

Cart has never worked

Comment

The neccessary files (bounce.html, SCTemplate.html, ODTemplate.html, CRTemplate.html) should all be in your SiteHTML folder. Their absence implies that something is wrong at your PC's end, not at your server.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next other than the rather major step of re-installing Actinic. Make a Snapshot first and back-up all of Site1 just in case.

Before taking such a drastic step I'd wait and see if anyone else has a suggestion.

Comment

Thankyou Norman for all your advice so far!

Comment

Another thing to try. Go to Housekeeping / Warning Management. Check that everything is ticked. If not click Show All and then do a Refresh. This will show up any warning messages that you may have disabled while developing.

Comment

my gut feeling is a software re-install too

Comment

The other (slightly less drastic) would be to change Themes and see if that fixes things. This should restore all the Actinic basic templates and the fault could be there.

The site doesn't seem to have a huge amount of customisation so this may not hurt too much.

Again, make that Snapshot and back-up all of Site1 before proceeding.

Comment

Where to now?

OK I've done a backup, a re-install, a refresh, even washed behind my ears - still nothing. HELP SOMEBODY!!!

Comment

Can I manually insert these missing files ?

Comment

have you changed themes as Norman suggested

Comment

Working...
                              X