File Merge Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Merge Errors

Hi - know this topic is covered extensively - however i still cannot find a way around my "an error occured while sending the merge request".

My Network settings seem fine - i have tested extensively and they allways pass, I have tweake the GGI Script ID number (used 1 and 2) and uploaded from there but no luck.

My settings are:
    HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS 10.33.1.2
    HTTPPROXYPORT 8080
    HTTPPROXYUSER administrator
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD sp3nc3rs
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS 10.33.1.2
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER administrator
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD *******
    SCRIPTID 2
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST ftp.spencersdirect.com
    WEBSITEURL http://www.spencersdirect.com/
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS true
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD
    CATALOGURL http://www.spencersdirect.com/acatalog/
    CGIBINURL http://www.spencersdirect.com/cgi-bin/
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ./acatalog/
    CODEBASE d:/websites/spenc1/www/
    FTPHOST ftp.spencersdirect.com
    FTPUSERNAME *******
    FTPPASSWORD ********
    PATHTOCGIBIN www/cgi-bin/
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

I have asked my hosting company Tollon to set the folder permissions to (read, write, delete) 755 on the CGI and Acatalog folders.

Can anyone help - i have been around the houses on this one several times and I cannot out a way - any ideas please

You may like to delete your username and password from the above ASAP

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

As Jont says need to get that password out of there before the Search Engines read the page, AND change your password.

CODEBASE d:/websites/spenc1/www/ also looks strange - is this a windows server?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

yes thanks - have updated the post - did it in a hurry - which always bodes badly

Comment

hi - thanks i have ammended the password - did not notice it which means i cut and pasted in a hurry -

However, yes its a window server and the network settings work with either an absolute or relative path

Comment

Have you checked your IIS settings against the recommendations in the AUG and the knowledge base - I see one post there that says unless /acatalog/ is set to read/write/execute it will not work.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

yes the Adanced User Guide suggests

"cgi-bin Accessed Denied
              There are occasions when access to the cgi-bin directory is denied after following the above
              guidelines.
              It may become necessary to delete the cgi-bin virtual directory in IIS and then the cgi-bin directory
              in Windows Explorer, and then re-create both and reapply the necessary permissions."
              I have asked my hosting company to look at IIS

Also - its wired that my other 3 Actinic sites update no problems - they are all using Tollon as the hosting company and use an SSL certificate too

Comment

Last night we transferred one of our sites to another copy of Actinic running on a different PC - same version of Actinic Developer, same settings (via snapshot), same host etc, and got the merge error message . Went through all the usual steps (and a few not so usual steps) to try to correct this, but no luck whatsoever. As a last resort, the SSL flag in View |Business Settings | Payment & Security was unticked (had been on checkout only, with a Geotrust Certificate with 1&1), and a complete site refresh carried out - worked perfectly, no error message. We went back, re-ticked the flag, and did another site refresh - it worked. We thought it might be coincidence, as the merge request error message sometimes goes away on its own, however for reasons unrelated to Actinic we had to do the whole transfer again - same error message, same cure. No idea why it works, but I leave it as a possible option for those at the end of their tether. Mark H

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X