Add componnent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add componnent

I sell hot sauces on my site and also some bumper stickers. I am trying to have a "add a bumper sticker for just $2.00 more" button. I added the component attached it to a product (which has a min/max of 1) but if someone changes the quantity of the hot sauce bottle the sticker changes to that amount as well. (i.e. 5 bottles 5 bumper stickers, where as i would like 5 bottles 1 bumper sticker)

Ok if that's hard to follow maybe this will help.

If someone places an order for X amount of a product how can I add a button that says "Add 1 bumper sticker for $2.00" and have it only add 1 bumper sticker no matter how many parent items they have.

Thanks!

Alas in the eyes of Actinic that is how it works - for every parent product you add it adds in a component for each .. 2 products = 2 components... 5 = 5 etc.

This is usually overcome by using a cut-down Act_ProductLine.html template beneath the parent product so the user can input the number required... or even setting the quantity limit to 1 if that is how you want it to work. A single add to cart per page button often works well for that set up

Another option is to use a discount structure using product groups but they require careful setting up to make sure you don't end up giving the wrong items away

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Well that stinks!
      Thanks for the info though. I will try to figure out the other stuff you are talking about =)

Thanks,
      -A

Comment

Working...
      X