Unable to Upload Website !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Upload Website !

I have been using Actinic for a while now and this is the first time i have had this problem.

I am uploading my website and it goes through all the checking and all that ok but none of my changes happen.

There are no error messages or anything like that.

I tried a website re-fresh and got an error about fullprice.fl saying that i had to manually delete it if it was there. (well it is not)

Please can anyone help me as i am unable to change anything.

Thanks in advance

That would be .fil - did you look for the wrong name - or just a typo in the post?

Did you try Help | Troubleshooting bottom button WebSite Purge and Refresh?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thats the name it told me to look for,

I done a refresh before and one price changed but nothing else.

I have just done a purge and am trying a refresh now lets see what happens....

Comment

to resolve the fil issue, normally you need to remove the fil files from both the webserver and site1 and then refresh

Comment

I done a website purge and refresh and got this message:

The web server returned an unknown response.

Possible Cause:
          You are attempting to download orders
          before uploading to the web site
          Incorrect CGI-BIN URL in the web site details
          Incorrect permissions on the CGI script on
          the server (UNIX servers only)
          Script corruption - Could be caused by:
          Binary ftp transfer during manual installation
          Incomplete transfer
          Garbled transfer
          etc.
          Old or bad version of Perl running on server
          Http server error
          Wrong Path to Perl specified in the
          web site details
          Unknown
          Recommendation:
          Abort
          Resolution:
          Check cgi-bin script permissions
          Compare cgi-bin script against local script to
          check for corruption
          Upgrade Perl on server (needs at least 5.002)
          Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details command to verify your setup
          Re-install the web site
          Review server response for hints

The response was:
          <h2>HTTP Error 403</h2> <p><strong>403.9 Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected</strong></p> <p>This error can be caused if the Web server is busy and cannot process your request due to heavy traffic. Please try to connect again later.</p> <p>Please contact the Web server's administrator if the problem persists.</p>
          Do i have to open my ftp and delete the .fil files and also from my site1 folder ?

Comment

Is this a coincidence?

Ref my thread:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=21684

This started happening to me Friday.

I am with 4surehosting, they seem to think as I do that this is an Actinic problem.

I have not done the troubleshoot purge as comparing pearl scrips says that OrderScript.pl is not original. Can I just copy that out beforehand and replace it after the defaults have been reset?

I have tried manually deleting the .cat and .fil files from fpt and site1.

(sorry heathrowsystems to hijack your thread, I just wondered if we both have the same problem)
            Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
            The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

Still having the same problem now with both of my sites ????

The only thing i could of thought of is that i installed an update for Zone Alarm on friday but nothing happening on saturday on uploading or still today.

I have closed down Zone Alarm and tried to upload and still nothing.....

Comment

do a forum search on zone alarm as it is possible that you may not have disabled it complelety.

Comment

I also ran the Zonealarm update Friday. I can't see that it would be a problem as I have all the program controls for Actinic set to 'trusted'.

When you try uploading with a page altered, does that page get listed at the 'sending files' stage of the upload or does it just tick and move on?
                  Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

It goes through the normal process and says that all have been uploaded.

I shut down zonealarm and tried un upload and nothing worked, i can't help but think that it may still be active somewhere. I also set to trusted and allowed all permissions to internet access.

Comment

Sorry, but what I mean is;

If a page has been altered, when the upload list gets to the sending files stage, the altered page should be listed for a second or two whilst it is being sent.( If you do a complete refresh then this stage takes quite a while with the progress of which files are being sent shown)
                      It then ticks the entry as done.

What I get is that the altered page does not get a mention as being sent which to me indicates that Actinic does not consider it as having been changed.
                      I end up with all the ticks and an ok box to click.

Surely, if Zone Alarm is intercepting the information regarding the current state on the server, Actinic would give some sort of error as the process is interupted.
                      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Attachment 1 is what i have changed on the site. (page.gif)

Attachment 2 is the confirmation that its been uploaded. (pageupload.gif)

Attachment 3 is my website after the upload. (pageuploaded.gif)
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have just fresh installed Catalogue onto another machine. I imported my current snapshot/database and copied the shipping control folder to site1.

Uploaded it(I understand that this would have been a refresh being from a different machine). This set the site as per on my machine.

I then made a change and uploaded again. It is now ignoring the changes.

Zone alarm with the recent download is also on this machine.

I am now happy that the problem either lies with Zone Alarm or is carried within snapshot.

Bill, have you downloaded the Zone Alarm update and uploaded changes since? (It is a big one that requires a complete setup).
                          Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

I will make a backup and take home to my laptop and do an upload there with no zonealarm on it and see what happens and let you know if it helps me

Comment

i am at home uploading now lets see what happens....

Comment

Working...
                              X