Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing page HTML name

Hi everyone

I wonder if someone could offer me some advice please. I use the Smart theme and I am trying to make a page html name for one of my sections different to the menu name.

For example........I have a section displayed in the menu on the left called 'Nokia' which links to my Nokia accessories page. The path to this is

mydomain\acatalog\nokia.html

I would like the menu name on the left to stay as 'Nokia' but I would like a more descriptive html page name, such as -

mydomain\acatalog\nokia_accessories_batteries.html

When I try to change this the menu name always reflects the html page name and therefore becomes too long for the menu.

Hope that makes sense.

Any advice greatly appreiated. Thanks.

Go to section details and select layout, you should be able to change it their (pagename) without affecting the menu name
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Witin the relevant section for your Nokia, click tab for the layouts and the like and you will find the Title (which is what should be shown in the menu items) and also Filename, so get the Title as you want then change the filename to the long version you are after - should be job done quite simply.

Comment

Enter the name you want into Layout | Page Name.

Comment

Thats a first! 3 posts the same at the exact same time

Comment

Thanks as always for your quick and expert responses. regards.

Comment

Working...
            X