Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody help?! No idea what's gone wrong!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody help?! No idea what's gone wrong!!

I've been having problems with the old 'diff file checksum error' whilst uploading over the last 24 hours or so. After reading several threads on here I have tried deleting the .fil and .cat files and then uploading again but couldn't get it to work. The bigger problem I have now is that when I click on 'upload' or 'purge and refresh' nothing at all happens - the upload box just doesn't appear. Help! I've got new products sitting here gathering dust!!!

Do you use Zone Alarm.

If so, read this one through.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...231#post111231

If not..........don't.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

I do use ZA - so have tried what the email said, but it's had no effect at all. I have a nasty feeling I may have deleted or altered something I obviously wasn't supposed to touch......ahhhh, the learning curve. Thanks anyway Graham!

Comment

Hi Paul,

If you have succesfully uploaded and downloaded earlier. I would suggest going into Help | Trouble Shooting and click on 'Website Purge and refresh' select both options and then hit 'Delete and Refresh'. This should sort the problem.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Site Uploads not Registering Changes (Still)

Hi Bruce, thanks for the pointer but I've tried that a few times now - it works fine and adds all the updates I've done but on each upload after that, it will not register any changes I make.

Managed to fix the problem of the upload box not appearing thanks to an old thread on here - it was something to do with the 'cgi script identifier value?' - it needed changing from 1 to 2. Why didn't I think of that eh?!

Still having problems with uploads not registering changes, have emailed Actinic but I've not got a support contract and haven't heard anything for a few days now. I've even tried deleting all the .fil and .cat files on my PC and on the server, then doing a purge and refresh and that still doesn't fix it.

I'm sort of running out of ideas now.....(and patience)!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Paul.

http://www.area51.uk.com

Comment

What have you done about Zone Alarm?

Have you complety uninstalled it, and tried an update without it on the PC?

Comment

A few days ago ZoneLabs released a faulty update (V6.5.714.000). They've now hurriedly released released V6.5.722.000 which fixes the behaviour you're having.

Look at your Zone Alarm version (Overview / Product Info). If it's V6.5.714.000 then you should update Zone Alarm, reboot and refresh your site to be sure it's up to date.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Fixed Thank You!!!

Thanks for the help Norman - I had no idea a ZA update could cause so many problems - just updated to the newer version as you suggested and het presto - it's all working fine. Phew.

Thanks very much for your help!

Comment

I'd suggest also checking the Zonealarm forums as quite a few people seem to be having booting problems with 6.5.722.

Me, I'm using Zonealarm free, which was 6.1.744 and quite happy until this morning when I got an upgrade notice. I'll wait a few days until they fix the stability problems.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

There is a message on ZoneLab's Forum recommending that people who are using 6.5... and experience BSOD crashes and other issues return to the last 6.1 version (61.744.001 I believe).

Comment

You can get all previous releases of ZoneLabs products from the list at the bottom of this http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...lid=db_updates page.

Comment

Working...
                      X