Section image with text under.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section image with text under.

It's been two years since I last worked with Actinic and I've forgotten how to fix this problem. I've followed "changing the appearance of section links" on page 23 of the advanced users guide but I can't get the images and text aligned. http://www.findings-net.com/acatalog/index.html

Also, can anyone suggest how to insert a link to more information in either the left or right title bars. (Left one is now called "Delivery Times")

Thanks in advance.

Nothing to do with section links - the forum search you want is smart theme side boxes.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I appreciate your suggestion for the side boxes but surely the section image/text alignment issue is a different matter?

Comment

2 questions here

1 refers to getting the section template to line up images and text - to do this add center tags to the tables in Act-Sectionline.html (or whatever your section template is

2 has been answered by Bill

Comment

Thanks for that Jo. I had put ALIGN=CENTER in, but checking it all through again, I found that I'd mistyped the tag.
          Oh well.....
          Peter

Comment

Sorry - I need to clean my glasses. Thanks again Jo.
            Bill

Comment

Hi Peter

We're trying to do the same thing - at the moment on our top section links only.

We need exactly as you've done with an image with the actinic link underneath (no descriptive text).

Have tried changing ALIGN=CENTER but the text still appears to the right of the image , not underneath as planned. Obviously I am a complete feeb - can you tell me what you did?

Thanks - Helen

Comment

Sorted - had a lightbulb moment

Have got it working where you have 2 columns, but we would prefer 3 and this seems to upset the general overall alignment - guess we need to tinker with cell paddings now.

TA - Helen

Comment

Helen, you may have to look at the width of the area your columns are in - if this is controlled by ACTSTDWIDTH, then increasing that setting in Design | Options - Site Defaults may allow three columns (but of course, it will also change all your other pages.

The other option would be to reduce the size of your images.
                  Bill

Comment

Hi Bill - we're full of lightbulbs today! Steve has managed to fix it and get 3 columns all beautifully aligned. Oh it don't arf look posh.

Thanks - Helen

Comment

Working...
                    X