Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Question(s)

Hope someone can help with this...

I have a number of products which should not attract a shipping charge.
    My shipping is all weight based.

The free shipping items are set to 0 weight and there is a Free Shipping class assigned to this weight

The problem is that, when someone selects this, a shipping charge is showing in the initial cart screen. (2nd class standard)

When the screen moves along, there is a free shipping option in the drop down menu, but this means that someone has to a) notice it is there, and b) select it.

The other problem with this is that if there are other items in the cart, then the free shipping option is still there.

Also - is there a way to change the order that the shipping options appear - at the moment, I have 2nd class showing above 1st in the dropdown. I would rather have 1st selected by default. Is this possible

Thanks in advance

Lon

Originally posted by duggster
    Hope someone can help with this...

The free shipping items are set to 0 weight and there is a Free Shipping class assigned to this weight
    You don't need a separate class, you just need a weight 0.00 cost 0.00 line in your normal shipping tables.

The other problem with this is that if there are other items in the cart, then the free shipping option is still there.
    You can delete the free shipping class after you have added the above line into your other class tables.

Also - is there a way to change the order that the shipping options appear - at the moment, I have 2nd class showing above 1st in the dropdown. I would rather have 1st selected by default. Is this possible
    Yes - this is covered in the knowledge base here http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...Setup_217.html
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X