Mass Mailout - Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Mailout - Newsletter

Is there anyway of mailing all of the customers that have made orders?
    or
    All of the customers that have accounts?

or really, anyway of emailing more than one person at a time from actinic?

Dan
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

you have to ensure that you have asked the people who have made orders if they want to receive such emails from you.

Then you can extract the correct people from the database using access

or you could buy Mole-end's marketing tool to do it for you

here's a link to a business link pdf file which gives a broad outline of what you can do http://www.blinkdandc.com/downloads/...egulations.pdf

you may want to look at this thread to http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=21721

Comment

This is something we have just started with our site and have a good few addys collected already although many people opt out at checkout.

The other thing is that we have sold goods to over 25000 people on Ebay over the last 12 months. Would it be legal to email our website newsletter to these people? Maybe Ebay wouldnt like it I guess but that's OK. There is no facility for them to opt out of such a newsletter when they buy from Ebay but our newsletter does have a clear opt out instruction at the bottom.

The other issue, is how often to send a newsletter. Most companies in my field send 2-3 a week which I think is a bit much. Any opinions?
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, using the Mole-End Marketing tool.

Works beautifully

Thanks
        Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
          Would it be legal to email our website newsletter to these people?
          Don't think Ebay allow you to make direct contact under their T&C but they would have to find out to ban/ warn you .. need to weigh up if it is worth the risk of losing 25000 sales per year and all the feedback.

You can also only email people if they have bought from you - this is probably OK if your Ebay shop is the same name as the main site name - if they are seperate identites then you may be in trouble.

As for the number of emails per week that depends on your product and the customer base - I work on a 1 per month as the most - often down to about 8 per year... this also leads to a very very low opt out rate (1 / 1000) and is as much as my customers would tolerate

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The Ebay shop is a different name so maybe thats a no-no. I am thinking of setting up an Ebay shop in the website name as a seperate enterprise so that may work. Hopefully would also lessen the risk of having our main selling ID suspended which would be a disaster at the mo.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
            X