Update from catalog to business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from catalog to business

I have upgraded from catalog to business today, both V7. The sales folk at Actinic told me I would have to create a snapsnot, download the software from the CD and then import. The help menu said all I had to do was to go to the upgrade option and put in the new key number. I have done the latter (after backing up) and it seems to be working, although I haven't uploaded yet. Is this going to be OK?

Thanks

Bridget
    www.militaryfigures.co.uk

Putting the key number into your existing installation will have opened the functionality of Business, but if the Business CD was v7.0.6 and your old Catalog installation was 7.0.4 say, you would not have upgraded.

You can check the version in Help | About.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I upgraded to the latest version of catalog a couple of days ago. Looks like I am on Business 7.0.6.0.0.0. GBGA. Have I got more to do here?

Bridget

Comment

You should be OK - Actinic takes the installation type on first start up so the imported snaphot will have imported OK allowing you the Business functionality. You will need to completely upload the site prior to attempting a download

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks, but I haven't imported the snapshot. All I have done is upgrade with the upgrade option from the menu and put in the key. That's all it says to do in the help menu. Confused now!

Bridget

Comment

I think you have completed the upgrade (both from catalog to business and version 704 to 706). All that you should have left to do is upload the site. The reason they probably told you to create a snapshot is because you would've need it if you were going to download version 706 and install Actinic again, but you already upgraded to 706.

Comment

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Bridget

Comment

Working...
              X