Configure Website Details Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure Website Details Problem

Hope someone can help, but i'm pulling my hair out. I'm trying to configure my Web Site Details (under Web -> Configure We Site Details). I get to the point where i supply the CGI-BIN and Root directory and i then get the following error ;

"An Error Occured while Sending an HTTP Request to the Web Server"

The website is available as i can connect to it using IE. I'm able to FTP files to the site also.

Help !!!!

If you can say which hosting provider you are using, then someone using them might be able to provide you with the pointers.

Likewise, if you have some settings in your network setup, then post those (less username and password details) and again more can be provided to help you.

Comment

I'm with clara.net. The Website is www.bigboyz-clothing.co.uk. I'm using the defaults, so other than the username/password there isn't anything i can provide.

Comment

I'm using the defaults
        can you tell us what your default settings are

Comment

Go to Advanced, then Network Settings

Then export your settings into a text file

Edit your text file you have just made and remove the ftp log on name and password then save the remaining file

Send the file to this forum and we can see where you are having problems
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Managed to get past the previous error by specifying a different ROOT directory. Now it is failing when looking for CGI-BIN. I've FTP'd to the server and cgi is under ;

/cgi-bin

Actinic is showing CGI-BIN as ;

www.bigboyz-clothing.co.uk/cgi-bin

But it can't find it !

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

as already reqiested please post your entire network settings (without username and password)

Comment

Network config attached ;
                Attached Files

Comment

change CATALOGURL to PATHTOCGIBIN probably needs a leading /

Comment

Working...
                  X