Business Setting | Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Setting | Options

I'm trying to prevent my site asking people to select which country they're in when I'm only offering sales to the UK.

I checked the help section in Actinic which told me (when looking up

"This value is hidden from the page if the View | Business Settings | Options tab | Request Location Info Early flag is on or if simple shipping is selected or if shipping is disabled."

But I don't have a Request Location Info Early flag in Business Settings | Options, or indeed anywhere in Business Settings that I can find.

I don't want simple shipping or to disable shipping, so where is that darn Request Locatin Info Early flat?????
    Caite
    www.tuppys.co.uk

Business Settings | Ordering - Miscellaneous

Comment

Aha! Thanks - that's where it is.

Now I have my next problem - it's greyed out.
      Caite
      www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

The option is greyed out because you will need to have the shopping mode set to 'Quantity on confirmation page' for all sections for it to be visible. If youa re only selling to the UK, then go into Business Settings | Tax | and click on 'EU Tax Zone' and select 'Delete Zone' next do the same for the 'No Tax Levied' zone. This will leave you with only the UK tax zone. In Shipping and Handling, retain only the UK zone. Update the site and you should see the difference.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Ha! I seem to be in world of greyed out hell!

No tax levied has the delete zone button greyed out. It'll let me delete UK tax zone though.

Incidentally, I had my site set to simple tax - not expecting to be in the VAT band on sales, so did that to remove all mention of VAT from the site - will switching to this method mean I'm stuck with lots of (including VAT)'s all over the place?
          Caite
          www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

The option is greyed out because you will need to have the shopping mode set to 'Quantity on confirmation page' for all sections for it to be visible.
            Hi Caite

Did you spot this bit of Bruce's response. This is the key bit.

Go to 'Design | Options | Shop Defaults' and make sure the default shopping mode is set to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'. Then make sure that all your sections are set to 'Use Parent Settings' for their shopping modes.

Comment

But what if I don't want 'quantity on confirmation page' as my shopping mode?

I was planning on using 'quantity in checkout'
              Caite
              www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

We use a workaround which is repeated in the following thread - see if it's any good for you:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...hlight=country

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X