Two Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Locations

I'm having a problem with using Actinic from two locations.

I do most of the work on Acinic from my computer at home. When I make any changes and press the upload button, the upload occurs very quickly. The machine in the shop has Actinic loaded via a snapshot from my home machine and is used only for downloading orders, which occur without any problem.

Today I wanted to do some work on Actinic on the shop machine so I took a snapshot from home and imported it into the shop computer. The two computers now have the same data, with the exception that the shop computer has a list of recent orders plus the backup location is different.

When I went to upload the site, instead of just uploading the changes as normally happens, the whole site was uploaded, taking ages. However, before the upload was completed, I got an error message: "An error occurred while sending the merge request" and the upload failed.

Help - what am I doing wrong?

Dave

This is normal when transfering snapshots. When you import a new snapshot onto a PC and upload Actinic will refresh the whole site - that is why it takes longer.

The merge request error is usually solved by highlighting the home page icon and uploading again, if that fails close and reopen Actinic and do a refresh.

Comment

If that does not work, try compacting the database before trying again
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Malcolm - all well now.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X