Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Very Slow

Hi All,

This problem has been getting worse over the past few weeks, Actinic has been getting very slow when order processing and updating the web site, for example when copy and pasting a product it can take up to 20 seconds to paste, or to go between tabs on order processing it can take around 5 secs going from order to order.

I have today transferred my copy of Actinic with my site on to my laptop to eliminate that it is not my PC but it is still just as slow on the laptop so I can only assume it is down to Actinic or my database.

I have tried all the obvious things like compacting database etc... but Actinic is still just a slow, any ideas or am I just impatient

Thanks in advance

Martin
    www.eliteelectronics.co.uk

As a roughe guide, how many sections, products and orders do you have in the site, as this could have a bearing on it if you say have 30k orders in it and 10k products?

Comment

Hi There, Thanks for the reply, we currently have nearly 9,000 products and currently 15,500 orders sitting in completed from the last twelve months.

Comment

Exporting your orders from Actinic to csv and then compact - this would probably speed things up. See 'Exporting Orders' in the Actinic program help file. You could also have a read on the forum about 'export orders'.

Comment

Thanks for that, I have now tried that and it has reduced my ActinicCatalog.mdb file down to around 20MB, it is now faster on order processing But still very slow on the catalog side of things, is it just down to the large amount of products I have and something I have to live with? Have I outgrown Actinic? (I hope not)

Comment

It sounds to me as if something has gone wrong, you site isn't small but it isn't that big either, I would suggest submitting a support query with Actinic to get your database checked out because something seems to be not quite right ATM.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X