Keeping Design and Catalogue separate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Design and Catalogue separate

Is there any way of keeing order processing and catalogue mainteneace separate from design changes ?

We have been told that it is possible with dev. Lite but you have to use snapshots !

From Actinic point of view, in normal self-maintained operation the design work includes adding product info. You do the design and add the products then upload them to the website. The other PC where you are going to download the orders needs to be able to translate the item numbers into products so it needs a copy of the same data that is on the "design"computer. Enter the snapshot.

If you truly mean only the design, then yes - this needs Developer Lite so that you can save the design elements as a Custom Theme and you then transfer that Custom Theme to the other PC as a snapshot.

The other PC would import the theme snapshot and then apply the theme.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

So are you saying that my designer just has to export a custom theme via a snapshot- email it to us - and then we import this custom theme to our PC and then upload to the web site ?

I assume this will not bring accross any orders or catalogue information from his PC.

By design I mean all design such as product layout, colours , screen layouts , the full works.

Comment

Sorry that's a 'piece of string' question - the answer is - it depends. Discuss it with your designer - s/he will know whether you would need to change the layouts used by your products to alternate templates, add/populate Customvars etc.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X