Can you tell what theme someone is using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell what theme someone is using

This is probably a really stupid question that someone has asked before, but is there anyway you can tell from someone's site what theme they are using. I see some lovely sites out there and as I have just upgraded to version 7 I want to change the look of our site.

Thanks

Louise
    www.asmailorder.com www.asmailorder.co.uk

Hi Lou, list the sites you are wondering about and hopefully some of the more experienced forum members will be able to identify them, even if they are heavily modified.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Why not just make a backup of your site 1 folder and also a snapshot of the site and place both in a safe place

Then you can experiment with the various designs untill you find one you like. If you dont like the results just re-import your snapshot and you are back to the original site

Backup of site 1 folder is just as a secondary safety measure for if the snapshot is defective
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris
        You have the theme I need. Is it a standard Actinic one, if so what is it called, or did you have to fiddle with it. I just don't understand HTML and really don't understand Actinic speak so just want something that is already sorted.

Thanks for your help

Louise

Comment

Louise

It's the smart theme and then you just play around with the colours in Design Colours to get what you want

Info in Boxes is either straight text or combination of text and html

Pictures on home page is html entry in Home page /Fragements/ Text

This makes the table of pictures
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

That was just the info I needed Chris, thank you for your help.

I have now upgraded and changed my site around, but there is still room for improvement. I just have to find the time!!

Comment

Working...
            X