Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All sections being duplicated after product in section?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All sections being duplicated after product in section?!?

I've added a "banner" product to our online hosting store, and as soon as I did, it duplicated all the sections immediately after the banner product - any idea why?

Example URL:

http://www.aaabusinesshosting.com/acatalog/

This appears to have happened EVERYWHERE that I added the banner product - and it's a simple product, price zero, layout "Name and description centered" - disabled for purchase online, but otherwise nothing special.

The image displays using !!<A HREF.... blah..... </A>>!!

ie, a call to the image which was uploaded by including it as an "Addition File".

I'm most perplexed by this ... I had a client months ago with a similar problem, and it simpyl disappeared without us intervening at some point...

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

ps - I also tried to put this banner ABOVE all the sections - Actinic kept putting it UNDER the sub-sections... why?!?
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Duplicated product

Hi there,

One quick suggestion in regards of the duplicated product sections on your site.

Could you please check the settings below:

1. Goto Design|Options|Sections tab
    2. Under the area, which reads ‘Location and Arrangement of Top Level Section List’ you probably, have 'Include in Front Page' checked.
    3. Uncheck that setting 'Apply' and 'OK' then preview your site.

Hope this helps
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

That was close - but no cigar...

I did find the answer on the same settings screen though - in the section above the one you suggested, "Default Location and arrangement of Section Lists" - was checked as "Both" - this option only comes into play when you have a mixture of products and sections within a section/sub-section.

FWIW - I also answered the question about why the procuct appears under the sections here too!

Thanks for the pointer... it put me right next door to the solution!
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
      X