Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Link Actinic - Group Mail

Hey,

In group mail there is an option to create a new group based on an external database. I can create a new connection with "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" and "ActinicOriginal7" appears in the data source name list. I guess I use this not catalog, simple shipping etc if I want email adds.

However, all the tables appear empty when I try and get the email addresses. I don't use the full functionality of actinic, orders aren't placed by registered customers - just on the fly.

Any ideas how I can automatically get the addresses updated in group mail - I know about Mole End extentions allready but hoped this would work as it's more dynamic and won't need constant updates with the mole end software.

Cheers.

You need to use ActinicCatalog7 not ActinicOriginal7. You need to link to the Person table.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Cheers,

When I do that all the fields are blank except ContactID and bKeepContactPrivate.

Any ideas how to get to the email addresses?

Cheers.

Comment

That is where the email addresses are stored, you get 2 copies for every order in the catalog.

They are stored as memo fields but I would have thought that would have been a problem.

If you open the database up in acess can you see rows in that table?

Regards.
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Sorry to sound thick but how do I load in Access ?

Cheers.

Comment

Ooops, sorry - got it.

Yeah, the "Person" table has everything I need when I view it in Access but it doesn't all appear in Group Mail.

There seems to just be thousands of blank records when I see it in group mail - but the records are complete when I see them in access.

Any ideas?

Comment

Sorry to be annoying and post again but I just can't seem to get this working.

I select the ActinicCatalog and it imports all my records but except for ContactID and bKeepContactPrivate all the others are blank even though they are completed when I view it in Access.

Cheers for any help.

Comment

Which ODBC connection are you using? How many records import?

Regards,

Comment

YAY! Tried some other ODBC connections and got it going - thankyou!

Comment

Working...
                  X