Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order packaging doubles

Developer 7.06 order packaging doubles
    when an order is downloaded in shipping order packaging doubles. First entry is empty of products and has an arbitrary weight and cost. Second entry is correct. original and current cost is correct, but the calculated shows combine cost. It doesn't cause a problem unless I add a new product off line, then it goes into the empty one. I now have delete the first one as soon as the order comes in.

My original site http://www.kobashi.info does not do this. It started after I used a snapshot of http://www.kobashi.info to create a new site http://www.kobashi.co.uk which I changed all references of http://www.kobashi.info to http://www.kobashi.co.uk Everything works fine except this little nag.

Has anyone seen this before as I can't see any differences in the SimpleShipping.mdb or in the Business/shipping and handling info? I have compacted the shipping and refreshed the site.

CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
    Last edited by essentialoils; 27-Jun-2006, 10:57 AM. Reason: Anyone out there? I have a contract.

Scott,

This is the first I have heard of this issue. Have you tried compacting and repairing the Database in Access? I would also suggest compacting the main DB and then refreshing the site.

If that does not make a difference then you would need to call into support as we will need to look at the DB's to see what could be causing the issue.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Have you got the optimal package weight setup in your shipping options? This can cause shipping charges to increase.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I sorted it by deleting duplicates in OrderTracking table

I sorted it by deleting duplicates in OrderTracking
        nOrderSequenceNumber

Even though you delete the orders within actinic not the .mbd the OrderTracking table keeps the deleted information. When new orders come in the information is duplicated in the orders shipping info order packaging.

So I deleted the first nOrderSequenceNumber s up to where it became 1 again and presto.

Comment

Slight Security Risk = Snapshot

Just a slight sense of false security

In an age were information is money, making decisions for your company based on partial knowledge can give unscrupulous people an income. We had an Employee a number of years ago name Jason Collins doing our accounts. He was writing cheques to himself and trying to sell products out the back door. The police are looking for him, Natwest had to give the money back to us.

Not to say that any of the many people at Actinic would do anything under handed. In fact, I believe them all to be trustworthy.

Perhaps this is only happening to me, as maybe no one else creates accounts for customers. Perhaps I'm a paranoid.

Troubleshooting / Ticked: Create snapshot with all shopper personal details removed.

Complete Obfuscation only really takes place in the gui interface.

ActinicCatalog.mdb / Buyer:Table / sUserName,sPassword and Address:Table / sName and Person:Table / Company,Address Country and OrderMail:Table/sText,sTo and your ftp and email password and I believe ssl password still retains original information.

Conclusion:

1. Well at least you can tell your customers their card info,street and city, telephone are Obfuscated and that's better than nothing. sName can be sorted by never being specific and leave as Invoice Address and Delivery Address.
          2. You can stop being paranoid and join a nudist colony.
          3. Maybe Actinic can write next to Create snapshot with all shopper personal details removed. (Only partially kidding)
          4. I guess it's what you mean by personal http://www.b4usearch.com

Comment

If I understand you correctly, in post #3 you are telling us the problem was that when you imported the a snapshot of your other site to kick this new site off, you chose to take the other site order details over with the snapshot (choice : overwrite order details).

Then when you started to receive orders on your new site, the order sequence number had been reset, and so duplicates were created. By deleting the original site's orders (which should never have been imported), you have managed to correct your original error.

Post #4 appears to be a totally new subject, and really just a quick vent. Have I read it right?
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

order packaging doubles fixed

I believe I chose overwrite orders and then deleted them, purged the orders, emails, but not the accounts, in the GUI. The old ordertracking remained and a new sequence started after the old in the table, which created doubling in the orders shipping info order packaging GUI. I then deleted the old sequence in the OrderTracking:Table. Order came in today an no problems so far that I can see.

Comment

#5 is related due to information not deleting in .mdb when deleted in GUI,

No venting, more like a comical education, I don't send snapshots, I'm paranoid. Very unappropriated behavior for Blog etiquette from your response. I don't use blogs often, I thought I was on the Jonathan Ross show. #5 is related due to information not deleting in .mdb when deleted in GUI, even after purge and compact. Roger over and out. Till next time Peace Love and understanding, I'm just mostly space, electrons, water and solidified frequency relative to all things.
                Last edited by essentialoils; 30-Jun-2006, 06:41 PM. Reason: I'm not very quick or bright

Comment

Working...
                X