Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE <- can I stop this appearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE <- can I stop this appearing?

Hi,

I'm moving our website over to v7 from v6 for the easy discount codes, as we need this done pretty quickly. The site upgraded almost perfectly, just a few design tweaks I need to make with regard to layout, but that's no prob.

The weird thing is this NETQUOTEVAR business. I have gone into "View | Discounts and Surcharges Settings..." and created a discount based in cart value including actual tax of type percentage, requiring a coupon code. I then created a line in the Triggers box for 10%, and restricted it to credit card purchases only.

I want the coupon entry to be visible in the basket stage rather than the checkout. Here's where things look a little odd - I have my basket page and the coupon code box appears below the total value but above the update/save buttons etc - all good so far. But at the top of the page, above the 'Shopping Basket...' line, is a table row containing:

NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE (<-- in bold) NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONMESSAGE then a bit of space, then a textbox in which sits a NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONACTION message (deleted when you click the textbox) and the submit button labelled NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONACTION.

Now looking at Act_ShoppingCart.html I see this HTML at the top of the page, but I can't see any way (other than just deleting it from the file) in Actinic of stopping it being displayed on the basket page.

If I only enable the coupon code to be entered at the checkout phase, it all works fine but the customer only sees their discount has worked on the final receipt page. From experience, people want to see the discount in the basket before purchase so this is what I am going for... but I can't get this stuff off the page!

Anyone know why?

No-one any ideas?

Here's an image which might help explain the above better, I hope. It looks like the code is repeated twice - once above and then once below the cart. I can't find any reason for this though in either Actinic or the shoppingcart html page :/
    Attached Files

Comment

First make a copy of your existing Act_ShoppingCart.html under another name as insurance, then copy the original Act_ShoppingCart.html in from Actinic v7/Formats/Themes/ name of the theme you are using folder.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not using any of the default themes unfortunately :/

With a little HTML removal from ShoppingCart.html (pasted below) I am now sure that the coupon code is being displayed twice - but differently - in two different positions.

<td><strong>NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE</strong>&nbsp;
        NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONMESSAGE</td>
        <td valign="top" nowrap><input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="12" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCAPTION" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">

e.g. if I remove the line NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE then re-upload, if you look at the image I posted above the word Coupons disappears but the NETQUOTE bit stays as per the image. If I remove the entire NETQUOTE bit from the HTML, the coupons line under the cart vanishes, yet the NETQUOTE stuff all remains displayed on the cart page.

Weird...?!

Comment

The standard coupon code section from Business CSS is
          Code:
          <TR>
              <TD> NETQUOTEVAR:REFPAGE <Actinic:CARTUPDATEERROR/> NETQUOTEVAR:CARTDISPLAY
                NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
                <!-- coupon entry begins -->
                <br> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
                  <tr>
                    <td><strong>NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE</strong>&nbsp;NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONMESSAGE</td>
                    <td valign="top"> <input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="15" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCAPTION" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                </table>
                <!-- coupon entry ends -->
                NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
                <P>
          Do you have an URL where the online code can be seen? If not, save your Act_ShoppingCart.html to a desktop text file and attach to your next post.
          Bill

Comment

Thanks for your help, this is baffling me...

Here's the attachments. Hopefully their name explains what they are, but I'll say so anyway:-

live_site_code.txt = viewed HTML from the shopping cart on my test server (created through the cm000001.cgi script).

from_site1....txt = the Act_ShoppingCart.html from my site's directory on my local computer.

Anything you can get from that is welcome!

Cheers
            Attached Files

Comment

As you say, there is nothing in the Act_Shopping Cart.html - time to look at Act_ShoppingCartXML.html I think.
              Bill

Comment

Here we go! Straight from site1 dir...
                Attached Files

Comment

hello m j

Could you go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' for me and see what you have in the 'View Cart Layout' field. You should have something like 'Alternative Overall Layout (for 'view cart' page)'. This overall page layout template is designed to be used on the view cart page to avoid the problem you describe.

Comment

Hi Chris,

The box you mention is blank - I take it this is incorrect! Also blank is the "Default Overall Layout" box. The rest are "Centered Primary Template" apart from Receipt page, which is the "Printer friendly..." variety.

My old v6 Developer has the "Centered Primary Template" in its' "Checkout Pages Layout".

Comment

The box you mention is blank - I take it this is incorrect! Also blank is the "Default Overall Layout" box. The rest are "Centered Primary Template" apart from Receipt page, which is the "Printer friendly..." variety.
                      OK - look in the drop down list for the 'View Cart Layout' - is there an option similar to 'Primary template for view cart page' - as that is the one you want.

Comment

I have the following options:-

Centered Primary Template.
                        Left Aligned primary template.
                        Printer friendly receipt page.
                        Template for shopping cart and checkout.

I tried the bottom one, which gave me the default Actinic shop layout for the cart, ignoring my own site's design. The others I imagine (it's on the top one at present) won't help much, they don't look very relevant to the cart...?

Edit:

The shopping cart template mentioned above when selected does however correct the NETQUOTEVAR stuff appearing, despite looking incorrect.

Comment

Template for shopping cart and checkout.
                          OK - what you need to do is create an alternative primary template, which will work like this file.

This is simple to do:

1) Open your customised Act_Primary.html in notepad and save it as Act_PrimaryNoCoupon.html.

2) Delete everything between the NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON tags (including the tags themselved)

3) Save the file.

4) Select this file in the 'View Cart Layout' field.

Comment

Chris,

This seems to have done the trick! You are, as they say, the man!!

Thanks very much for everyone's efforts, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                            X