Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Order items to Secpay

Hi All,

Hope some advice can be given here. I have searched the forums and found a little - none too helpful - advice about what I want to do.

I run a charity website and we previously used vshop3 which could be tailored to send the order details to our PSP; Secpay. Secpay have details of how to encode the details of an order into their transaction details.

Here is a snippet from their integration manual:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A.5. Order Details Parameters
    It is possible to send product or service information to SECPay with any given transaction. This information is then stored on the SECPay servers for your convenience and is available for reference through reports at a later date.

There are two methods of sending order details parameters to SECPay.

A.5.1. Order Details In String Format
    The order field has the following internal structure. It consists of a set of product identifier and amount pairs with a multiplier attached to the amount. as "prod,amountxquantity" The string requires some means of being delimited. Delimiters MUST NOT appear in the actual data (e.g. in the product code) or your string will not be parsed correctly and you will lose information. There are four delimiters, ';', ',', '=' and 'x'.
    Example
    <input type=”hidden” name=”order” value=”prod=funny_book,item_amount=18.50;prod=sad_book,item_amount=16.50”>
    or
    <input type=”hidden” name=”order” value=”prod=funny_book,item_amount=18.50x2;prod=sad_book,item_amount=16.50x3”>
    Notice that in the second example we have specified a quantity for each of the products.
    An optional parameter 'delimit' is available at the start of the order string and can be used to change the default delimiters (this can be useful if all your products contain one of our delimiters in their product codes!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone tell me how I can modify the actinic template files to include such information? The previous thread mentioned above says that modification of the PERL files is required and that this would be too much bother to do. If it's just a script file then someone must have done it before and can show us all how it's done?

Any help or advice is warmly recieved.

Regards

Chas
    Take only Photo's
    Leave only Footprints

Chas,

This is one for the Wish List, I will add it in for you. Only the basic payment information necessary to process the payment is passed over to the Payment Service Provider.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Send Order Items to SecPay - Thanks

Originally posted by Bruce
      Chas,

This is one for the Wish List, I will add it in for you. Only the basic payment information necessary to process the payment is passed over to the Payment Service Provider.

Kind regards,
      Bruce, I'm much obliged.

Regards

Chas
      Take only Photo's
      Leave only Footprints

Comment

Send Order Items to SecPay

Hi Bruce,

Hope you are monitoring still.

Can you tell me which perl file I need to modify in order to send cart details or user defind fields to Secpay. I have been re-studying Perl - learn many years ago and have come back to. I would like to attempt this for my own satisfaction and if I can get it working will post for everyone else to use if required.

Kind Regards
        Chas.
        Take only Photo's
        Leave only Footprints

Comment

Chas,

I don't think this can be done unless Secpay support additional information. Usually we pass the order number which the PSP presents to the buyer and is used as a reference for the Merchant on the PSP's account management pages.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Send Order Items on Secpay

Originally posted by Bruce
            Chas,

I don't think this can be done unless Secpay support additional information. Usually we pass the order number which the PSP presents to the buyer and is used as a reference for the Merchant on the PSP's account management pages.

Kind regards,
            Hi Bruce,
            Yes Secpay Do indeed additional items, their tech manual describes both HTML and XML code to allow the transfer of extra data - see previous post - and I know it works as we used to use Vshop and this was easily tailored to send the info to Secpay.

If you can let me know which perl script is used to send the info - save me trawling through them all - i'm happy to experiment and report to all my findings, thanks.

Chas
            Take only Photo's
            Leave only Footprints

Comment

Chas,

Did you see my post on the other thread?

Regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Sending Data to SecPay

Hi Bruce,

Yes saw it and responded. Thanks.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Chas
                Take only Photo's
                Leave only Footprints

Comment