Page Elements in Seperate Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Elements in Seperate Template?

Is it possible to have a custom template for something Actinic doesn't do as a standard? For example, say I wanted to put a list of top products every page, but to make life easier for me I want to be able to update that list from one include style file as opposed to updating all primary templates one by one. Can this be done?

I thought about using a custom var of some sort, but that only works on products. I don't want to make all the pages php to use includes, and I would preferably like to avoid using any java so the search engines can pick up on it.

Any help as always is much appreciated

-Leonard

You can use CUSTOMVARs to include files. First create the customvar in Advanced > Custom Properties, then go to Design > Options > Site Defaults. Here, click the '+' and select the property you created. Enter the name of the file you want included (it should be located in the site1 directory), and select the 'Use as CUSTOMVAR', 'File name' and 'Use file content' boxes.

Then you can just use the customvar across your pages as you would with a product customvar.
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

another trick employed on some Actinic sites is to use an <iframe> to display an externally created page etc

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I didn't realise you could set customvars with default settings. I'll give that a go. Sorry for the slow reply, but I am grateful as always for the help. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X