Stuck again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck again

Thanks to all the great help on this page I have managed to suss out having one product per page with duplicate products a level up. Doing this I can have small pics for the duplicates and no text with full info and bigger pics on the product page. So far so good.

Now, what I want to offer is a price per item but also a price if you buy, say 4 or more. Business allows me to easilly put in a quantity discount under the price tag and it is displayed in the product as 2 prices on 2 lines. This is fine for the main page but on the small duplicates, I only want the main price to be displayed.

I have created another act_productlinetest template for the duplicate but I can't seem to work out how to make the duplicate price disappear. The Netquotevar is Productprice so I tried creating a duplicate file (act_productpricesingle) but if I change act_productlinetest for NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE to NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICESINGLE it doesn't work. What is a NETQUOTEVAR and how do I create a new one?

Having said that, I can't seem to edit act_productprice to make the qty discount price disappear anyway as it uses NETQUOTEVAR:COST which displays both prices.

Any ideas?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

You could add NQV PRODUCTDESCRIPTION into your thumbnail template, and put just the single prod price into the description in Actinic. (I havn't got Actinic in front of me so i'm not sure i've given you the right NQV or actinic field name).

Admittedly, this is a bit of a cheat -but i'm sure someone who knows about these things might be able to answer your q more directly.

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

OK, so on the thumbnail, I take out NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE and just put the price in the description? Hmmm. could work, although would be more admin to make sure every thing was correct all the time.

I just wish I could work out how actinik treats the price. NETQUOTEVAR:COST seems to display every cost for that product, which is good in theory. I just want to it to only display the single item cost on that Productline template. Maybe I'm asking too much?

I would still like to be able to change the price in one place only or there will be a danger of me changing the product price but not the text price in the description (if you see what I mean!).
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

I wonder, is there any way I can user a CUSTOMVAR to do this?
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Hi Steve,
          I know, it wasn't a great suggestion.
          Customvars? - maybe. Although if i'm being completely honest I don't really understand them (or nqvs if i'm being really honest!).
          Maybe someone else can help?
          Nick

Comment

If you do use a CUSTOMVAR, you would have to maintain it manually, just like your description. Possible, yes - a self-maintaining option, no.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks guys, so there is really no way of doing this where I can set the single item price in one place? Not a huge problem, just need to be switched on when changing prices etc.

I've already got flow chart sheets for most things. This'll be another.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Nick, I don't really get it either to be honest. Getting there though. It's just a different way of thinking. It's logical though. Just a matter of getting your head around it.
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

Another thought:
                  If you have NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE on your thumbnail template, and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS on your main product template and put the 1st choice on your variants as the single unit price (making sure you enter the single prod price in actinic) Would that work for you?

You'd have different pricing models for the duplicate and the original - the thumbnail needing 'product price', and the main prod being 'sum of.....'

Don't know whether youcan even do that, but though it was worth suggesting!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X